Our season schedule contains the audition and performance dates for our six mainstage shows. We will post more details at least two weeks in advance of each audition.
Unless otherwise specified on the audition page, auditions are as follows:
- Auditions are on a Sunday and Monday at 7:00pm. The doors will open at 6:30.
- Auditioners only need to attend one day but may attend both. Wear comfortable clothing and shoes. No prior experience or resume is required.
- When you arrive, please fill out an audition form including contact information, prior experience (if any), expected rehearsal conflicts, and desired roles.
- A prepared piece is not required.
- After the two nights of auditions, callbacks will usually not be necessary.
- Every auditioner will be notified by phone of their result, before the full cast list is announced publicly.
- Surfside does not precast roles... ever.
Auditions will consist of:
Musicals & Non-Musicals
Cold readings from the script
Each auditioneer will be taught a 30 second selection of music from the show
Each auditioneer will be taught a15 second dance / staged movement routine
Dates & Character Lists
Wizard of Oz (Fractured)
Based upon the Frank Baum novel "The Wonderful Wizard of Oz"
Auditions April 29 & 30 at 7PM
Featuring all the characters you know, love and fear plus a wide assortment of worthwhile chameos. This large cast play with music, will tell this timeless story as a fractured fairy tale. There are roles for adults and children. Watch this space for a detailed character list to be published soon.