Our season schedule contains the audition and performance dates for our six mainstage shows. We will post more details at least two weeks in advance of each audition.
Unless otherwise specified on the audition page, auditions are as follows:
- Auditions are on a Sunday and Monday at 7:00pm. The doors will open at 6:30.
- Auditioners only need to attend one day but may attend both. Wear comfortable clothing and shoes. No prior experience or resume is required.
- When you arrive, please fill out an audition form including contact information, prior experience (if any), expected rehearsal conflicts, and desired roles.
- A prepared piece is not required.
- After the two nights of auditions, callbacks will usually not be necessary.
- Every auditioner will be notified by phone of their result, before the full cast list is announced publicly.
- Surfside does not precast roles... ever.
Auditions will consist of:
Musicals & Non-Musicals
Cold readings from the script
Each auditioneer will be taught a 30 second selection of music from the show
Each auditioneer will be taught a15 second dance / staged movement routine
Dates & Character Lists
Auditions: 1/14 and 1/15 at 7PM
Performances: 3/2 through 3/18
EVITA: (Female) Must be able to play ages 18 to 33 while projecting both a toughness and charisma. She is a beautiful, ambitious and power-seeking woman, who rises to become the spiritual leader of Argentina by the age of 26. She is also a woman of few options, who uses her sexuality to build power. The actor playing this role must be a trained vocalistwith strong vocal stamina and excellent control. A legit Mezzo with a clear, strong mix that can belt to a high G and sing to a low E (below middle C). Must be a passionate and strong actor who can move well.